We look forward to welcoming you to Margaret River Guest House and thought you might appreciate a brief update on a few ideas for local dining and other activities.
Check in time is between 2pm and 6pm (Late arrivals please phone or text message for arrangements 08 9757 2349 or 0407 084 288 ).
Check in/Check out
Check-in time is from 2.00pm and check-out time is by 10.00am. An early check-in or late check out request is required at the time of booking, and while we will do our best to accommodate your request, this is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Late check-out to 6:00pm can be pre-booked at a cost of 80% of your applicable nightly room charge, subject to availability. If your intended arrival is after 5:00pm, please let us know so
that we can arrange an after-hours check-in.
Extending your stay
Many don’t realise just how big the Margaret River region is. Our recommend length of stay is at least 3 nights. This gives you an opportunity to see the region both north and south of town. Should you wish to extend your stay with us, please just email or call for the best rates or 08 97572349
Local Touring and Restaurants
If you are dining out, we highly recommend making a booking for dinner or lunch at any of the great local restaurants. Please plan ahead and book so you’re not disappointed. We have personally tried many local restaurants and are happy to make recommendations.
A Margaret River wine tour is a great way to visit the many unique parts of the region. We can arrange for operators to pick you up from the guest house (between 9.30am – 10:30am) depending on the company and return you to the guest house (about 5:00pm). We recommend and use only tour companies we can rely on and offer great value for money. We offer a complimentary booking service and are happy to recommend a company that will suit your needs best. Find out more To book please just contact us at:
GETTING TO MARGARET RIVER GUEST HOUSE
Our Guest House is located in the centre of town. Enter this address in your GPS- 5 Valley Road Margaret River.
If you are driving from Perth the easiest route is via the Kwinana Freeway/Forest Hwy, via Bunbury and Busselton. We are 269kms from Perth and it is about a 3 hour drive. Please take care when driving at sunset and night, as our kangaroos and wildlife are a hazard on the roads – On entering the township of Margaret River, we are the first right after the bridge into Tunbridge St, and then first right into Valley Rd. We are on your left with the white picket fence. For those using GPS systems please make sure you have the latest updates as many systems tend to take travellers out of their way
when travelling around the South West of Western Australia.
If you are arriving via the bus from Perth the guest house is a short 200m walk from the bus stop. When you alight from the bus, stand with your back to the bus and look left. You will see the intersection of Tunbridge St If you walk back to this intersection directly across is Valley Rd and you should see our white picket fence from the intersection. If you happen to come across Coles or any shops you have walked in the wrong direction. Taxis are available in the area, and we have a Designated Driver service that will drive you home from any winery should you wish to indulge at lunch time.
• Your credit card details act as a guarantee for your booking and full payment will be deducted on the day of arrival.
• If booking is made within 14 days of arrival the total amount of the tariff may be deducted.
• 3rd party booking agents may require full payment upfront depending on the company.
• The lounge and verandah areas of the Guest House are for the enjoyment of guests only.
• All internal and verandah areas of the Guest House are smoke free zones.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden areas – ensure cigarette butts are fully extinguished and disposed of responsibly
• In case of FIRE please make yourself and your party aware of the FIRE EVACUATION PLAN.
Margaret River Guest House is a small business and late cancellations affect us greatly. We will make every effort to rebook all cancelled reservations.
We recommend guests take out travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected changes to their travel plans. We trust you will understand that as a small business we are unable to carry losses on behalf of guests that should have been covered by a good travel insurance policy.
• Accommodation can be cancelled or amendments up to 14 days prior to arrival and a full refund of deposit minus a $55 administration fee will apply.
• Accommodation cancelled or amended 14 days or less prior to arrival will be charged the full amount of the booking if the room can not be rebooked.
• Should you leave earlier than expected full payment for the booking will still be required.
• Bookings made through third party providers are subject to the cancellation policy stated by that service and must be cancelled through that party.
We hope this update is of assistance and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Lisa & Keiran Glossop
Margaret River Guest House
Ph: (08) 97572349 email: