FAQ of the Margaret River Region
- How far is Margaret River region from Perth?
The distance between Perth and Margaret River is 234 km. The road distance is 268.5 km . Google Maps
- How long will it take to drive from Perth Airport to Margaret River?
It takes approximately 3 hour to drive from Perth Airport (PER) to Margaret River. Google Maps
- Is the Margaret River region worth visiting?
The Margaret River region is one of the most popular destinations in Western Australia and is world-renowned for its outstanding wineries, but is an amazing place to check out even if you don’t drink wine: it also offers stunning beaches, natural wonders and unique landmarks.
4. How long do you need in Margaret River Region?
If possible, we highly recommend a minimum stay of 3 nights. This allows you time to visit both north and south of the region. Of course, there is never enough time to see everything. Margaret River Guest House makes a great base with fantastic restaurants and cafes and our guest house is just a 2-minute walk from the main street. Margaret River Guest House
5.What is Margaret River known for?
The Margaret River region is known around the world for its top-quality wines and food. While the region produces less than three per cent of Australia’s wine, it accounts for more than a fifth of its premium wine. Margaret River is also home to a range of craft breweries and distilleries. Margaretriver.com
6. Is there a Margaret River?
The Margaret River is a river in southwest Western Australia. In a small catchment, it is the eponym of the town and tourist region of Margaret River. Wikipedia
7. What is there to do in Margaret River today?
- Hit the beach.
- Take a drive through the famous Boranyap forest
- Taste the local wines.
- Slurp craft beer.
- Sip on spirits. Bar, or create your own Gin
- Feast on gourmet food.
- Visit a chocolatier or two
- Sniff out a bargain at the farmers’ market
- Tread the Cape to Cape Track
8. What is there to do in Margaret River in the winter?
- Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse, Dunsborough.
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta
- Relax by the fire at Margaret River Guest House
- Jewel Cave, Augusta.
- Lake Cave
- Mammoth Cave
- Quinninup Falls, Yallingup.
- Sugarloaf Rock, Dunsborough.
- Whale Watching, Augusta.
9. Which is the best cave to visit in Margaret River?
Jewel cave is one of the best caves in Margaret River and if you only have time to visit one cave, then this is the one to see. This is the largest show cave in WA with three huge chambers and one of the longest stalactites found in any tourist cave in Australia. Margaretriver.com
10. Where should I stay when visiting Margaret River?
We maybe bias, but if you would like one of the best locations, a property with history, and a home away from home then book your stay at Margaret River Guest House